Friday, September 5, 2008

Harry Potter Bookmarks

I made up a couple of these Harry Potter bookmarks to use for my Deathly Hallows book.

The first contains one of my favorite quotes from the entire series. It is Dumbledore's last line in Deathly Hallows and it perfectly captures the conversation that had taken place between himself and Harry at King's Cross. More importantly however, I think that line was JKR's beautiful tribute to magic, reading, readers, and all the Harry Potter novels as a whole. Although the world of Harry Potter and the fictional characters we come to love so dearly are works of the mind and the imagination, it does not make them any less real.

Harry will always be real to me.




The second bookmark is actually a quote I got from an interview with Daniel Radcliffe. These were the words Anton Chekhov used to describe the woman who he eventually came to marry, and I thought it fit perfectly with the way I felt during and after Deathly Hallows was released and the Harry Potter novels came to an end. Though the conclusion of the books didn't literally end my life, they did make up a huge part of my childhood and teen years and when I finished them, it was like ending a chapter in my life... that is, a glorious, magical, and unforgettable chapter of my life!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.